#5 - 1413 McGill Road
Office: (250) 374-0022
Fax: (250) 374-2298
Toll Free: 1-800-399-1656
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
NDT is a term that embraces the methods of examining materials in order to detect flaws, or measure properties, without affecting the serviceability of the material.
The Primary Functions of NDT are:
- To offer specialized methods of carrying out examinations that could not be performed visually.
- To use specialized methods to carry out examinations that, if done in the normal way of stripping and inspecting visually, would take too many man-hours, cost too much, and reduce equipement availablility.
Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- UT is a Nondestructive test method in which a beam of high frequency sound waves is used to detect surface and subsurface flaws in various materials.
- Can be used to determine material thickness.
- UT is one of the most widely used nondesctructive testing methods.
Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- MPI is a nondestructive test method utilizing magnetic leakage fields and suitable indicating materials to disclose surface and shallow subsurface discontinuities on ferromagnetic materials.
- MPI is a rapid and economical method of testing.
Liquid Penetrant Testing (LPI)
- LPI is an inspection tool for dedecting and indicating surface discontinuities in nonporous materials.
- The object of the Penetrant inspection is to detect surface discontinuities such as cracks, porosity, laps, seams, as well as other surface imperfections.
- LPI is fast, economical and very accurate.